This is no time to be shy, or to be embarrassed to ask questions. You need to do your own investigating and do not be afraid to get clarification on something you are unsure of.
Ask The Right Questions
If you do not know what makes a good mover and what makes a ‘rogue’ mover then you will never know what to ask. Here is a list of questions for you to use when interviewing potential moving companies:
- Does your moving company have insurance and what are the policies like?
- Is your moving company appropriately licensed?
- What is your hourly rate?
- What is your minimum charge?
- Is there a separate charge for travel time from your warehouse to my home?
- What exactly does your rate include?
- Does your moving company have a worker’s compensation policy?
- Is there an upcharge for moves on the weekends or during different hours?
- What are your payment terms and options?
- Are there extra charges for hard-to-move or heavy items such as pianos?
- Is there an extra charge for stairs?
- Are your employee’s day laborers or temps? (Be wary of this because temps and day laborers are not covered under workman’s comp)
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What kind of training do your employees go through?
- Do you conduct free estimates?
- How do I get ahold of you on the day of the move?
- What else can I do to make my move easier?
- Does your moving company have reviews or testimonials on non-solicited sites?
This may seem like a long list, but believe me, in this industry it’s necessary. Movers are required by the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) to adhere to certain standards. Moving companies must have a certificate of authority from ODOT to move household goods. Moving companies must prove that they:
- Are insured and operate safe vehicles
- Have a service that will not damage existing roads and highways
- Submit their rates through ODOT for approval
If you come across a company that is hesitant to give you some of these answers, or they are unable to provide you with a certificate of authority, steer clear. You may be dealing with a rogue mover, and if they cannot be trusted to complete the requirements to be a legitimate mover, then they cannot be expected to care for you during your move.
Josh & Rudy made my move go much more smoothly than I imagined it would! They were prompt and efficient, professional and personable! I couldn’t be more pleased with their service. Thanks!
-Jan Ball | Location, OR
Our move went so smooth due to Kevin, Richard and Ryan. They were very professional and efficient as well as just good guys. Your estimate was right on target so no surprises. Thanks for making our move a positive experience.
Name of Customer | Location, OR